Miss Singapore World 2009 has confirmed her conviction of five charges of misappropriation, cheating using illegally obtained credit cards, and impersonating their users' identities in interviews with two Chinese evening dailies, Shin Min Daily News and Lianhe Wanbao.
Below are the questions and answers between Miss Low and Lianhe Wanbao:
Reporter: Is it true you have been convicted of misusing and cheating using illegally obtained credit cards?
Ris: Yes, it is all true.
Ris: Not really, but I am disappointed with myself. If I can do it again, I will not make the same mistake.
Reporter: Will you give up your crown and withdraw from the Miss World pageant?
Ris: Of course I am not willing. I don't want to give up my dreams. But if the organisers want me to, I will accede to their request. It would only be fair.
Reporter: Do you regret entering the pageant now, since your past has been exposed?
Ris: No, how many people out there would continue to pursue their dreams, fully aware of their shortcomings, and not give up despite the pressure? If there are any regrets, then I only have myself to blame for doing those things in the past.
Reporter: Are you worried that this spate of bad publicity will affect your future?
Ris: Of course I'm worried about my career, but I'm not so concerned when it comes to relationships. I believe the man who loves me will be able to overlook my past, especially since I am truly remorseful.
Reporter: Do you have any thoughts about this whole matter?
Ris: Who does not have a past? Who has not committed wrongs? Actually, being sentenced to probation does not make it a criminal record, but it is made serious because it is a legal one. This incident has made me appreciate the love and support from my family members.







0 Response to "Ris Low: I'm disappointed with myself, but will not give up crown"
Post a Comment